Husky Names – Finding a perfect name for your Siberian Husky is not easy. We have made this Husky dog names list so you can get an idea how to call your new Husky.
Remember the excitement that goes into finding a name and naming your child.
The same excitement should go into naming your Husky pup as the new addition is going to be a member of your family for the next 14 to 15 years.
There are so many breeds but still each dog has an unique character and behavior.
So isn’t it natural that you should think of unique Husky dog names too for your Siberian Husky?
Best Husky Names
You can find thousands of Siberian Husky names listed on the internet.
However, the name you give to your Husky should be such that it echos a relationship between you and your dog.
The name is what helps the outside world recognize this relationship.
Husky Names Links:
You can use the links below to jump to different sections in this article for easier navigation.
- Husky Names
- Male Husky Names
- Cool Boy Husky Dog Names
- Female Husky Names
- Cool Girl Husky Dog Names
- Winter and Christmas Husky Dog Names
- Eskimo – Inuit Husky Names
- Badass Husky Names
- Black Husky Names
- White Husky Names
- Blue Eyes Husky Names
Finding unique dog names is not easy, especially for Huskies.
Consider it as a perfect occasion for the whole family to get together to discuss and suggest a name for your Husky.
Children can sometimes come out with a name that is unique and funny.
Here are a few guidelines that should be of help in your naming effort.
- Choose a name that your Siberian Husky can easily recognize.
- The name should not confuse with one of the basic dog commands like sit, stand, stay, down or come.
- Dog trainers and experts suggest short names as dogs seem to respond better to short names; it is also easy to shout names that have only one or two syllables.
- If you are having more than one dog, select a name that starts with different alphabets and sounds different.
Siberian Husky Names
When looking for the best Husky names, keep in mind that Huskies are friendly, gentle, intelligent, tractable, yet alert and outgoing.
Here are some good Husky names.
Husky Dog Names Male
Most popular names for a strong Siberian Husky male.
- Alpha – this is the first letter of Greek alphabet and the word that denotes the first of anything.
- Ivan – The most popular Russian human name.
- Baikal – A huge lake in Siberia. The world’s deepest freshwater lake.
- Kremlin – The historic fortress complex in Moscow (Russia) containing government offices and museums. Your male Siberian Husky dog would like this name.
- Rasputin – A Siberian mystic who helped bring about the downfall of the Russian empire.
- Neo – Excellent English name for a boy puppy. The meaning is “new”. This name became very popular after the movie “Matrix”. All dogs love this name.
- Rudy or Rudolph – German male name means “famous wolf”.
- Ulf – male Danish or Swedish names means “wolf”. A dog that resembles his wild cousins.
- Ulfred, Ulger, Ullock, Ulric – those name have the same root “Ulf” which is wolf. Their meanings are: peaceful wolf, warring wolf, sporting wolf, and a wolf that rules.
- Walter – Male German name means “ruler of the army”. The short version of this name is Walt. Your Siberian Husky will love this name.
- Zorro – this name doesn’t need any special introduction. Everybody knows the masked hero of the famous movie.
Husky Dog Names Boys
If you are getting ready to welcome a Husky into your home, the task on top of your mind would be to choose a name for the newest member of your family.
Some cool Siberian Husky names to choose from:
Female Husky Names
Here is a short list of the best female Husky names.
- Astra – Beautifu female name means “star”.
- Ada – Short form of Adelaide. Popular German girl name means “kind”. It matches the Siberian Husky character very well.
- Anna or Hannah – from Hebrew name Channah which means “favor” or “grace”.
- Alice – This German female name mean “nobility”.
- Aurora – In Roman mythology she is goddess of the dawn. The dog with such name will wake you up in the morning.
- Babushka – Russian – Grandmother. Good name for slow but wise dog.
- Ladoga – A large Russian lake that lies close to the Finnish border. Very nice female name excellent choice for Siberian Husky.
- Natalie – This female name is very popular in European countries with slight variations. It’s Natasha in Russian, Natanaele in Italian, Natalka in Ukrainian.
- Nadia – Full of hope.
- Nastassia – Birthday
- Nikita – A wonderful Russian name for your Siberian Husky boy or girl. Just make sure you pronounce it right. If it’s a girl, put stress on the last syllable, otherwise stress the middle syllable.
- Pamela – Good name for a female Husky. In Greek it means “honey”.
- Serena – From the Latin “serenus” meaning calm and serene. In Russian “serena” means “siren”. This name matches the temper of the Siberian Husky perfectly.
- Sonya – This is a Russian abbreviation of the name Sofya meaning “wisdom”. Russian word “sonya” also means someone who likes to sleep. Does this describe your Husky puppy?
- Tania – Queen of the fairies.
- Terra – Beatiful female name means “land” in Latin.
- Zala – Slovenian female name means “beautiful”. and that’s what people say when they see Siberian Husky dog.
- Vicki – Pet form of Victoria. Names Victor and Victoria are very powerful and popular all over the world.
- Zaria – Means “dawn” in Russian. Excellent name for a girl Siberian Husky especially if it wakes you up in the morning.
Girl Husky Names
You would naturally turn to a list of best girl Husky dog names.
Half a century ago, names that described a dog’s traits used to be popular.
Spotty and Dusty were common names then.
But today’s dogs are increasingly being named with human names.
Winter and Christmas Husky Dog Names
Since Husky is from a cold area, here are some cold winter and Christmas Husky dog names.
Eskimo – Inuit Husky Names
- Akiak – The Other Side Or Old Village
- Amaguq – Wolf God
- Amarok – giant wolf from Inuit mythology
- Aput – Snow
- Ataneq – King
- Buniq – Sweet Daughter
- Chu – Beaver
- Cikuq – Ice
- Desna – Chief
- Hey – Winter
- Issumatar – Superior
- Kaskae – Chief
- Maguyuk – Howler
- Makoktok – Young
- Miki – Little
- Nanook – Cute Or Kinda
- Nanuk – Polar Bear
- Nigaq – Rainbow
- Nini – Porcupine
- Nukka – Little Sister
- Pikatti – Companion
- Quannik – Snowflake
- Saghani – Raven
- Sakari – Sweet
- Sesi – Snow
- Shila – Flame
- Sos – Bear
- Suka – Fast
- Suluk – Feather
- Tartok – Dark
- Torngasak – Good Spirit
- Tungulria – Black One
- Ulva – Wolf
Badass Husky Names
For fierce and strong Huskies, here are some badass Husky names.
- Mad Dog
Black Husky Names
White Husky Names
- Snow White
Husky Dog Names With Blue Eyes
Interesting Facts About Siberian Husky
Siberian Huskies are one of the popular breeds of dogs because of their wolf-like appearance, and their popularity is growing each day.
They have been featured in many films and TV series and are well known to be excellent sled dogs.
Due to their fame, many people think that they have a concrete idea of what these dogs are but there are a lot of misconceptions about them.
Here are five facts that contradict popular beliefs about the Siberian Husky:
Siberian Huskies are NOT related to wolves
Despite their appearance, Siberian Huskies are not half wolf or a crossbreed of wolves.
They actually are pure bred dogs for several centuries that belong to the Spitz group and have many physical similarities to the Alaskan Malamute.
Siberian Huskies are NOT guard dogs
Intimidating and fierce in the outside but lovable in the inside, that is how to describe the Siberian Huskie’s personality.
They are extremely friendly dogs that even attempt to lick strangers rather than scare them away.
They are not also known to be a one-master dog so loyalty is out of the picture.
Huskies are NOT barkers
Numerous online videos feature the Siberian Husky appear to be “talking” and are capable of this because they rarely bark.
Instead, they prefer making howling, yodeling, and wooing noises especially when being played with.
Husky is NOT heat sensitive
In spite of their origin and name, Siberian Huskies can withstand heat.
This is because their unique double coats prevent heat and cold from penetrating to the skin making them adapt well to extreme temperature and climate.
Siberian Husky do NOT smell
Surprisingly, Siberian Huskies have little or no dog odors unlike other breeds.
They require minimal effort in terms of bathing and grooming. The only disadvantage of this breed is that they are not keen in keeping their area clean and occasionally shed huge amounts of hair.
Still searching for a name?
Share your Husky Names
Haven’t find your favorite Husky dog name.
If you have cool, interesting Husky names that we haven’t included in our post, please don’t hesitate to say what’s on your mind using the comment form below.
We would love to hear your voice.
Husky Names Infographic
This is our fun Husky dog names infographic.
If you like it and would like to post it on your website feel free to do so, we just ask to link back to www.dognamehero.com.