Badass dog names are generally reserved for the large breeds of dogs who’s stature and nature allows them to wear tough dog names and pull it off with ease. In this article you will find badass names for dogs in several different categories suited for guard dogs, hunting dogs, police dogs, etc., both for tough male and badass female dog names.
Some breeds of dogs may not necessarily pull off badass dog names through their stature however they possess a very tough look such as the off putting eyes of a Siberian Husky or perhaps the staunch pose of the Bull Dog as it sits with its inward turned feet and no noticeable neck to speak of which in humans would be like a big strong man walking out of a gym.
Tough Dog Names
We have compiled a list of 140+ female tough dog names as well as a badass male dog names list to help get you thinking along the right track when deciding on tough dog names to perfectly suite your very tough best mate.
- Best Badass Dog Names
- Tough Male Dog Names
- Tough Dog Names Female
- Badass Dog Names Mythology
- Badass Dog Names Inspired by Guns
- Badass Gangster Dog Names
- Badass Aggressive Dog Names
- Badass Dog Names Male Warriors
- Badass Dog Names Female Warriors
- Badass Dog Names From Movies
- Strong Dog Names
- How To Choose Badass Dog Names
- Badass Dog Names Conclusion
Badass Dog Names
Remember that they may look very cute and cuddly now as a puppy but this will soon change as they reach maturity so to picking tough dog names now is much easier if you picture your puppy a good 6 to 12 months down the track when they have started filling out and gathering some size about them.
Badass Male Tough Dog Names
Let’s start with tough boy dog names:
The name of your dog is very important especially if it is a tough male dog.
The first thing which you relate to your dog is with its name.
A manly dog name is not only fetching to sound but gives justice to you and your dog.
Can you imagine naming your German shepherd Bumble Bee or your Doberman Cracker?
For your tough pup you need a tough masculine dog name almost sounding like a badass dog name.
When you name your dog you must keep its breed in your mind.
It is easy to get carried away by their initial cuteness when they are pups.
But when a Labrador or a Golden Retriever or for even that matter a Great Dane, Dalmatians, BullDogs and Hounds finally grow up into adults within a few months of their birth, their cuteness disappears and what remains is a tough manly dog which showcase the natural flair for leadership and discipline.
Hence you must be careful when you name your dog for it is a name that it will have to carry on for the rest of its life.
Badass Female Tough Dog Names
There are a lot of badass dog names around, here are some of the tough female dog names:
- Queen Sheba
- Fiona (from Shrek)
- Ivy (such as in Poison Ivy)
Tough Male Dog Names From Mythology
Mythology is great source of some of the toughest and most badass names for dogs. Here are some suggestions.
- Ares – God of war
- Atlas – Titan condemned by Zeus to carry the world on his back after the Titans lost the war.
- Cronos – God of time
- Hades – God of the dead
- Helios – God of the sun
- Hypnos – God of sleep
- Kratos – God of strength
- Morpheus – God of dreams
- Oceanus – Titan god of the ocean
- Zeus – King of the Gods, god of sky, lightning and thunder
- Osiris – King of Egypt, father of the god Horus
- Horus – Sky god
- Seth – God of chaos
- Ptah – The head of a triad of gods
- Ra – God of the Sun
- Anubis – God of the dead
- Thoth – The god of writing and wisdom
- Amon – God of the air
- Centaur – Half-man half-horse creature
- Orthrus – Two-headed hound that lived with giants
- Cerberus – Three-headed dog that guarded the gates of the Underworld
- Cyclopes – One-eyed giant
- Typhon – Father of All Monsters
- Minotaur – Creature with the head of bull and the body of a man
Tough Female Dog Names From Mythology
- Amphitrite – Goddess of the sea
- Aphrodite – Goddess of love and beauty
- Artemis – Goddess of the hunt
- Athena – Goddess of wisdom
- Eileithyia – Goddess of childbirth
- Eos – Titan goddess of the dawn
- Gaia – The primal Greek goddess of the Earth
- Harmonia – Goddess of harmony and concord
- Hebe – Goddess of eternal youth
- Hecate – Goddess of magic
- Hera – Goddess of goddesses, women, and marriage
- Hestia – Goddess of hearth, home, family
- Metis – Titan goddess of wisdom
- Nemesis – Goddess of retribution
- Selene – Goddess of the Moon
- Isis – Wife of the god of the underworld
- Hathor – Goddess of motherhood and fertility
- Chimera – A giant monster that was a combination of many animals
- Echidna – Mother of All Monsters
- Hydra – A giant snake with nine heads
- Medusa – Creature with woman’s face, but snakes for hair.
- Sphinx – Creature with the body of a lion, the head of a woman, and the wings of an eagle
For more dog names from mythology you could check our Greek dog names.
Badass Dog Names Inspired by Guns
The most famous guns are pretty popular, so why not use the name of the gun as your badass dog name.
These tough dog names could be used both for tough female and male dogs.
- Big Bertha
Badass Dog Names Famous Gangsters
Old days gangsters had really cool names and nicknames. Why not use some of these gangster names as cool badass dog names.
- Al Capone – Alphonse Gabriel “Al” Capone
- Scarface – Al Capone
- Bugsy – Benjamin “Bugsy” Siegel
- Baby Face – Lester Joseph Gillis
- Machine Gun – George Francis Barnes Jr. “Machine Gun Kelly”
- O’Banion – Charles Dean O’Banion
- Mad Dog – Vincent “Mad Dog” Coll
- Costello – Frank “the Prime Minister” Costello
- Angelo – Angelo “The Gentle Don” Bruno
- Colombo – Joseph Anthony “Joe” Colombo
- Gambino – Carlo Gambino
- Joe Banana – Joseph Charles Bonanno Sr.
- Johnny Sausage – John Barbato
- Whack-Whack – Anthony Indelicato
- Quack-Quack – Angelo Salvatore Ruggiero
- Tick-Tock – Albert Tannenbaum
- Chee-Chee – Frank Alphonse
Badass Dog Names Aggressive
Aggressive dog names sound tough and badass as well:
Badass Male Dog Names Inspired By Warriors
There were some really badass warriors throughout the human history, these names could be good tough dog names too.
- Alexander The Great
- Attila The Hound
- Richard the Lionheart
- Genghis Khan
- Vlad the Impaler
- Flamma (“the flame”)
- Marcus Cassius Scaeva
There are many more strong male warriors names but these sound best.
Tough Female Dog Names Warriors
- Joan of Arc
- Queen Teuta
For more brave female warriors you go here.
Badass Dog Names From Movies
Movies are great source of really badass names, so here are some names that could be used as tough dog names:
- Chuck or Noris
- Han Solo
- John McClane
- Count Dooku
- John Shaft
- Darth Nihilus
- John Spartan
- Darth Vader
- James Bond
- Max or Mad or Mad Max
- Conan or Barbarian or Conan the Barbarian
- Aragorn (aka Strider)
- Sarah Connor
Tough Strong Dog Names
Here are some strong dog names both for female and male dogs.
How To Choose Badass Male Dog Names
There are plenty of badass dog names to choose from.
Many Bulldogs are named Butch, Comet is a common name for fast dogs such as Dalmatians then Dobermans and Rottweilers are given tough badass dog names like Axel, Achilles, Bandit and the like.
Many German Shepherds are named Duke which is a manly yet elegant name to this sophisticated disciplined dog.
Sometimes names like Adolf and Fidel are considered as tough masculine dog names for Hounds and Pit Bulls.
Some of the other tough dog breeds like the English Mastiff or the Argentinian Boerboel require really masculine and manly dog names like Diablo, Fang which was the name of Hagrid’s Neapolitan Mastiff or even Ace, Samson, Hector, Thor or Scar are great names to give your manly dog.
How To Choose The Right Badass Female Dog Name
It is indeed easier to give a male dog belonging to the tough breeds such as the Mastiff, Rottweilers, Dobermans or Boerboels, really good masculine and manly badass dog names.
Giving a tough female dog name to your female dog can be a little difficult considering that fact most names are delicate and feminine like Daisy, Candice or Vivian.
So how do you choose a good tough female dog name which not only gives justice to its breed but also fits it behavior?
When you have a female dog from these tough breeds it would be silly to name them Candy or Lily, when clearly they are more like a Queen Sheba or Cheyenne.
When you are breeding female dogs from a tougher breed they require to be named carefully.
Big Female Needs A Tough Dog Name
You need to give your female a tough female dog name which not only sounds feminine but also is classy to its breed.
Some badass dog names for females could be like Shakira, Fiona (from Shrek), Ivy (such as in Poison Ivy) or even Jade.
Some good girl hunting dog names you could choose from are Shiloh, Storm, Tess, Theron, Bessie only to name a few.
Border Collies, Labradors and Golden Retrievers are the usually preferred female hunting dogs and some really good female hunting dog names which you can use are Lexi, Chardonnay, Cali, Sierra, Ginger or even Roxanne maybe.
If you have a female Doberman which has a tough look about it you probably name it Ebony or Mystic.
You can even name your female dog after mythical characters or characters from native folk lore like Latoya or Nyesha, Elsa or Josephine.
If you have more unique tough dog names that are not included in our badass dog names list please comment bellow. We love to hear fresh dog name ideas.