Remember 101 Dalmatians? What about all 101 Dalmatians dog names?
Almost everyone knows about exciting and inspiring Disney movies and most of us have watched at least one in our life.
These movies are interesting, funny, and positive and can inspire us to do so many different things. They have a positive attitude towards life with a strong message that good will always win, no matter what.
Disney movies are a great place to find inspiration for many different things, and finding interesting and cute dog names is one of those things. Disney dog names are well known, fun, interesting and anyone will love the name.
And which movie about Disney dogs is better for that purpose than 101 Dalmatians?
101 Dalmatians Dog Names
There are a lot of good Dalmatian names in this movie, and here are all of them in one place.
Adult dogs names:
- Pongo – Pongo is one of the main characters, Roger’s dog, he’s the strong and fierce, protective father and partner to Perdita. He’s ready to do anything to protect his family.
- Perdita – Perdita is Anita’s dog, she’s gentle and loving yet strong and fearless, a mother to 101 Dalmatians and a wife to Pongo.
- Patch – One of the most verbal puppies in animated versions, he’s a bit of a goof and can be seen chewing on a carpet lot of time throughout the movie. The Patch is an attention seeker and a bit loud, just goofing around.
- Lucky – one of the puppies that kept his characteristics from the original novel, he’s brave and had a rough start in life. Lucky almost didn’t survive his birth and was saved by the main human character Roger. This puppy has a horseshoe shape on his back which is considered to be an item that brings good luck.
- Rolly – full name of this cute puppy is Rolly-Poly. Rolly is hungry most of the times and he doesn’t hesitate to express his wishes to his mother. Most of his decisions are based on the general feeling of satiety. Thanks to his “always-hungry” persona, he developed a strong sense of smell which is helpful in lots of situations.
- Penny – Penny is a female puppy that hasn’t made many appearances in the movie, but when she does appear, she’s sitting calmly and peacefully at her father’s feet. She’s different than the others when it comes to her appearance – her cute dots are even cuter and smaller.
- Freckles – Freckles is a bit different than the rest of the puppies, he has a few distinctive spots around his snot and between his eyes. He has dots on his ears as well. This puppy loves to sit on his father’s head.
- Pepper – This puppy is only mentioned twice in the movie, once by his father Pongo, and the second time by the Nanny. It is said that he has the smallest freckles and dots in the entire family.
- Dipstick – this puppy appears in 1996 movie with a completely white tail and just one black dot at the tip of the tail.
- Fidget – This puppy is a scratcher, mostly seen in that way. Fidget is a third puppy to get a collar.
- Whizzer – This puppy is known by some bladder control issues.
101 Dalmatians Names – The Rest Of The Pack
Here are the names of rest of the puppies that didn’t get as much space as the other did:
- Big dipper
- Cotton ball
- Cue ball
- Eight ball
- Full stop
- Little dipper
- Snake eyes
101 Dalmatians story
There are several different versions of this story and it all started with a 1956 novel written by Dodie Smith. After some time, it was adapted by Disney and turned into an animated movie.
Some of the names were changed in the transition process, but the main story remains the same. This is a story about new couple Roger and Anita and their Dalmatian dogs, Pongo and Perdita.
They quickly fall in love and get married, and so does their dogs. After Pongo and Perdita get 15 puppies, they are visited by another main character – Cruella de Vill who wants to buy the puppies.
After the couple dismiss Cruellas proposition, she arranged for the dogs to be stolen. Story further follows dogs and their adventure in which we discover how they meet 84 Dalmatian puppies that Cruella bought to turn them into a coat. Pongo and Perdita manage to escape with all the puppies and come home as a big family of 101 Dalmatian dogs.
Besides a great story, 101 Dalmatians movie also offers great inspiration when it comes to naming your new dog.
If you’re searching for some interesting dog names, this list of cute and fun Disney dog names just has it all. All you have to do is pick the one that suits your dog the best.