Disney dog names always sound great, especially if you love Disney animations and live-action films. This article will provide you with a list of the top coolest names for dogs that are Disney -inspired.
If you resort to the internet for some ideas, you’ll find a seemingly endless list of possible dog names that will leave you undecided as to which one is the best.
Disney Dog Names – Male Dogs From Disney Cartoons
- Bolt – You can’t argue that naming your pet after this superdog is an awesome idea. Bolt has superpowers such as super strength and super bark, so if your dog also has these ‘powers,’ you shouldn’t think twice about naming your dog after him.
- Tramp – If your dog shows a laid-back personality and is flirtatious around female dogs, you might want to name him after this protagonist from the movie, Lady and the Tramp. Moreover, this also seems like a witty name for an adopted dog.
- Lucky – You will never go wrong about naming your dog about this popular character from 101 Dalmatians. This is also a great idea if you feel that you got a lucky dog.
- Shaggy – The Shaggy Dog is a Disney film about a man who turns into a sheepdog. If you have a dog with fur like this, Shaggy dog or simply Shaggy sounds like a cute name.
- Buddy – Buddy is a character from the Disney movie, Air Bud. This name seems to be perfect for friendly dogs.
- Dodger – You might want to consider this catchy name from Oliver & Company. Aside from being cool, the character is also street-smart and witty.
- Shadow – Shadow, the dog from Homeward Bound movies, is a loyal and brave golden retriever. You can name your dog after this character if it shows some similarities or maybe if your dog is black.
- Bruno – Bruno is the name of Cinderella’s dog. He likes helping out and is very loyal as well.
- Einstein – Ironically, this character from Oliver & Company is stupid, yet funny and kind. This is a great idea if your pet shows resemblance to this character or if it is super smart. This name will work either way.
- Dug – Dug is the charming and playful dog from the animated movie, Up. This could also be a cute name if your dog has an excessive desire to dig.
- Sparky – If your dog seems to have unlimited energy and insatiable curiosity, you can name it after Victor Frankenstein’s pet.
- Percy – If your dog is so pampered and shows a very inconsistent type of personality, that is sometimes good and sometimes bad, you can name it after the dog from Pocahontas.
- Papi – This is another great idea for your Papi, I mean, puppy. Papi is the name of the main protagonist in the movie, Beverly Hills Chihuahua (and its sequels).
- Scud – Is your dog aggressive and loves to chew on just about ANYTHING? Then, you might want to call it Scud, from the movie Toy Story.
- Max – Max is the friendly dog from The Little Mermaid. He played a crucial role in helping Ariel and Eric get back together.
Disney Dog Names Female
Here are some female Disney dog names derived from the most popular female Disney characters of all times.
- Ariel – The Little Mermaid
- Belle – Beauty and the Beast
- Tiana – The Princess and the Frog
- Elsa – Frozen
- Ursula – The Little Mermaid
- Princess Aurora – Princess Aurora
- Princess Jasmine – Aladdin
- Nala – The Lion King
- Minnie Mouse
- Tinker Bell – Peter Pan
- Pocahontas – Pocahontas
- Cinderella – Cinderella
- Lilo – Lilo & Stitch
- Alice – Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland
- Faline – Bambi
- Drizella – Cinderella
- Sarabi – The Lion King
Disney Dog Names Male
Here is a list of Disney dog names for your male dog. These are the most popular male Disney characters names:
- Simba – The Lion King
- Prince Charming – Cinderella
- Prince Eric – The Little Mermaid
- Mickey Mouse
- Donald Duck
- Beast – Beauty and the Beast
- Gaston – Beauty and the Beast
- Kristoff – Frozen
- Scar – The Lion King
- Jafar – Aladdin
- Mufasa – The Lion King
- Genie – Aladdin
- Mushu – Mulan
- Pumbaa – The Lion King
- Stitch – Lilo & Stitch
- Shere Khan – The Jungle Book
- Mowgli – The Jungle Book
- Dopey – Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs
- Sneezy – Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs
- Grumpy – Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs
- Sleepy – Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs
All Disney Dog Names
- Perdita – 101 Dalmatians
- Patch – 101 Dalmatians
- Lucky – 101 Dalmatians
- Penny – 101 Dalmatians
- Freckles – 101 Dalmatians
- Rolly – 101 Dalmatians
- Danny – 101 Dalmatians
- Colonel – 101 Dalmatians
- Towser – 101 Dalmatians
- The Labrador – 101 Dalmatians
- The Collie – 101 Dalmatians
- Thunderbolt – 101 Dalmatians
- Max – The Little Mermaid
- Bolt – Bolt
- Footstool – Beauty and the Beast
- Percy – Pocahontas
- Napoleon – The Aristocats
- Lafayette – The Aristocats
- Stella – The Princess and the Frog
- Nana – Peter Pan
- Little Brother – Mulan
- Tramp – Lady and the Tramp
- Lady – Lady and the Tramp
- Scamp – Lady and the Tramp
- Annette – Lady and the Tramp
- Collette – Lady and the Tramp
- Danielle – Lady and the Tramp
- Dachsie – Lady and the Tramp
- Boris – Lady and the Tramp
- Pedro – Lady and the Tramp
- Jock – Lady and the Tramp
- Trusty – Lady and the Tramp
- Peg – Lady and the Tramp
- Bull – Lady and the Tramp
- Toughy – Lady and the Tramp
- Rusty – Home on the Range
- Stitch – Lilo & Stitch
- Bruno – Cinderella
- Toby – The Great Mouse Detective
- Copper – The Fox and the Hound
- Chief – The Fox and the Hound
- Dodger – Oliver and Company
- Tito – Oliver and Company
- Einstein – Oliver and Company
- Francis – Oliver and Company
- Roscoe – Oliver and Company
- Desoto – Oliver and Company
- Georgette – Oliver and Company
- Ritta – Oliver and Company
Disney Dog Names – Conclusion
In order to lessen the number of dog names that you will choose from, it is best to first determine the kind of name depending on your interests. Obviously, your personality will largely affect your perception of what is ‘cool.’ For instance, a sci-fi nerd, a book worm, and a video game enthusiast will most likely have different nerdy preferences, including names for a dog.
Naming your pet is almost as hard as naming a baby. Of course, you want it to be special so you tend to put some thought into it. How you name your dog totally depends on you. However, you might also want to consider the following tips to help you with this task:
Keep it short and simple. One or two-syllable names are the best choices. Dogs easily recognize and remember these compared to longer ones. With this, they will tend to respond better to training.
Choose a name that resembles your dog’s personality or appearance.
Try not to name your dog after your relatives or friends. Some people might find that insulting, so to be on the safe side, just think of another name. You can also choose a movie name like Benji or Hachi (Hachiko).
You can also try these dog name ideas:
Even though it is a challenging task, thinking of a name for your dog can also be enjoyable. You can choose from the list of Disney names for dogs provided in this article, or you might just want to get some inspiration from this and come up with a creative name on your own. Either way, it will surely be awesome!